FULL TIME ROLE
- BACK SHIFT & NIGHT SHIFT PRODUCTION OPERATORS
- QUALITY CONTROL OPERATOR
- TEXTILE MACHINERY TECHNICIAN
- SPINNING SUPERVISOR
- STORE ASSISTANT / ADMINISTRATOR
- TRADES ASSISTANT
- SHIFT MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN
- SENIOR MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN
- MODERN TEXTILE APPRENTICESHIP
- ENGINEERING & MAINTENANCE APPRENTICESHIP
AN EXCITING TIME TO JOIN US AT TODD & DUNCAN CASHMERE
TRADES ASSISTANT - FULL TIME ROLE
Todd & Duncan is the only Scottish spinner offering cashmere yarn to fashion houses and quality manufacturers worldwide. Due to continued investment in new equipment and expansion plans, we require a Trades Assistant to join our team.
A Maintenance Person/Trades Assistant is
part of the maintenance team responsible for maintaining the Mills
buildings, facilities and surroundings to a high standard. Performs a
variety of semi-skilled maintenance duties requiring a limited
knowledge of various trade skills such as carpentry, electrical,
plumbing, painting, ground maintenance etc. Shift pattern is day
shifts plus few hours on Sunday morning.
- Assist in the maintenance, operation and repair of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and structural systems of buildings.
- Maintaining and cleaning humidification system.
- Assisting in stores management.
- Assisting in running and maintaining Effluent Plant.
- Ground maintenance work including waste bins collections, grass cutting and general environmental cleaning.
ABOUT YOU - SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We would like you to demonstrate in your application:
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment (advantageous but not essential)
- An understanding of Health and Safety principles within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
- Experience in using a PC for entering data
- Knowledge in joinery, plumbing & painting would be a big advantage.
Salary dependant on experience
Great culture and friendly work environment
Continued learning and development
Company contributory Pension Scheme and life assurance scheme
35 days holiday each year including Bank Holidays
Development opportunities within the company
Bus provided at nominal cost to employees from West Fife ( please see detailed list below)
Dependant on experience.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
or send to: Job Vacancies, Todd & Duncan Ltd, Lochleven Mills, Kinross, KY13 8DH
DETAILS OF COMPANY BUS ROUTES
For day shift and night shift employees:
- Cowdenbeath / Kelty
- Lumphinnans / Lochgelly / Lochore / Ballingry / Milnathornt
Updated: October 2023