Shift Maintenance Electrician
FULL TIME ROLE
- BACK SHIFT & NIGHT SHIFT PRODUCTION OPERATORS
- QUALITY CONTROL OPERATOR
- TEXTILE MACHINERY TECHNICIAN
- SPINNING SUPERVISOR
- STORE ASSISTANT / ADMINISTRATOR
- TRADES ASSISTANT
- SHIFT MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN
- SENIOR MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN
- MODERN TEXTILE APPRENTICESHIP
- ENGINEERING & MAINTENANCE APPRENTICESHIP
AN EXCITING TIME TO JOIN US AT TODD & DUNCAN CASHMERE
SHIFT MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN - FULL TIME ROLE
Todd & Duncan is the only Scottish spinner offering cashmere yarn to fashion houses and quality manufacturers worldwide. Due to continued investment in new equipment and expansion plans, we have a number of job opportunities across all areas.
At least 3 years’ experience within and manufacturing environment (or modern industrial considered), electrically qualified to a 17thor 18th Editions Regulations. You will have the ability to demonstrate a hands-on knowledge in electrical, electronics and PLC control systems. Ideally from an electrical biased background. Shift pattern is day, back and night. The successful candidate will be tasked with supporting the engineering team in reaching a higher level of standard.
ABOUT YOU - QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified to industry 17th or 18th Edition
- Qualified to City & Guilds level or above
- Good at problem solving and fault finding
- A strong understanding and interpretation of electrical drawings and the ability to produce them.
- Hands-on knowledge of electronics, electrical and PLC control systems.
- Experienced with variable drive systems and 3-phase supplied systems.
- Carried out job risk assessments, Portable Appliance Testing, having a good understanding of health and safety
- Good decision-making skills with strong organisation skills
- Time served electrician
- An understanding of Health and Safety Legislation
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Experience of electrical maintenance
gained in the manufacturing sector
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working to reduce plant downtime
- Troubleshoot and resolve plant and equipment faults
- Accurately and constructively carry out corrective maintenance actions
- Practice continuous improvement, innovation and pro-activeness for improved working - offering possible solutions to issues
- Install, repair, renew, test and maintain electrical installations as required, meeting all site requirements
- Carry out planned routine maintenance, fault diagnosis, corrective maintenance on site machinery
- Complete all necessary documentation and ensure it is kept up to date
- Isolation and de-isolations in accordance with permit to work code of practice
- General electrical maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities
- Ensure good engineering and housekeeping procedures in all work areas.
- Supporting colleagues with project work
To apply, please email your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
or send to: Job Vacancies, Todd & Duncan Ltd, Lochleven Mills, Kinross, KY13 8DH
Updated: September 2023